• Add visual interest and flexibility by placing light sources at various heights within the room.
• Pair every chair with a high light-output reading lamp.
• Use table lamps with translucent shades to add personal style while contributing to the overall ambient light level.
• For activity-specific areas (think card table, billiards board, et al) install flood lamps into recessed fixtures.
• Illuminate stereo cabinets, shelves and bookcases by installing small halogen or fluorescent bulbs inside.
• For textured, log walls use downward-pointing halogen lights to enhance the style of the material.
|For every room||Main page|