• Highlight artwork, select furnishings, or framed photography with adjustable accent lights.
• Aim accent lights at the ceiling to give the room a bigger feel. This also will provide subtle ambient light without overwhelming the room.
• Install a chandelier over your dining room table to light the room gently. Make sure that the chandelier’s diameter is at least one foot smaller than the smallest table dimension.
• Deck the walls with sconces — all with separate dimmer switches — to provide lighting while reducing the glare possibly omitted from one “stand-alone” fixture.
• Highlight the contents of your china cabinet by lighting them from the inside with miniature halogen or fluorescent bulbs.
|For every room||Main page|