• Install a low-wattage ceiling fixture so you have the option to illuminate the entire room if you need help waking up (or assistance finding your lost reading glasses).
• Use swing-arm lamps or reading lights next to your bed so you can read yourself to sleep—and not have to get up to turn out the light.
• Enhance the appearance of your headboard (or artwork above your bed) with ceiling-mounted fixtures.
• If you want a wake-up-call from the sun’s natural light use translucent, light-colored drapery over your windows. If you prefer using an alarm clock or sleeping in, use dark colors.
• Place an energy-efficient, long-lasting fluorescent bulb in your closet to avoid over-lighting the entire room while providing ample lighting for choosing your wardrobe for the day.
|Dining area||Living room|
|For every room||Main page|