PO Box 72-A11
Houlton, ME 04730
Phone: (800) 341-1566
Fax: (207) 532-7806
Ward Cedar Log Homes, America’s first log home manufacturer, is celebrating its 90th year. In 1923, when Bruce Ward invented his special interlocking milling technique, he created Ward Cedar Log Homes. The premier company in the industry was founded. Today Ward builds log homes with the craftsmanship and quality of more than 90 years of experience. Using only premium northern white cedar logs, Ward homes are attractive, virtually maintenance free and energy efficient.
Number of builders dealers and representatives: 50-99
Wood species: White cedar
How logs are normally dried prior to shipment: Air dried
Average moisture content of logs upon shipment: 15% or below
Type(s) of wall logs you offer:
- Full or solid wall logs
- Log siding
Log lengths are: All pre-cut to required lengths
Solid log gable ends are: Pre-cut to required roofline slope
Available styles of wall log profiles:
- Flat - inside
- Flat - outside
- Hand peeled
- Lap siding
- Round - outside
Widths: 4" to 6"
Tongue & Groove Styles: Single
Corner intersection details for available wall log styles:
- Butt & pass (only one log extends past the intersection)
- Interlock-overlap (both logs extend past the intersection)
Types of sealing systems & materials available:
- Foam gasket
Other available services:
- Our logs are graded by an independent inspection agency prior to shipment.
- We offer a construction manual and/or videotape to aid customers with erection of their home.
- We offer a specific number of hours of on-site technical assistance as a standard part of our contract.
- We offer a written warranty on all our logs.
- We offer custom design service.