Petoskey, MI 49770
Phone: (800) 968-3178 / (231) 347-4360
Fax: (231) 347-7255
Town & Country Cedar Homes, nearly the oldest log home producer in the country, has created finely crafted natural cedar log and timber frame homes all over the world for more than 60 years. The result of this experience and the technology that goes into crafting your dream home is that our craftsmen and their methods represent the highest evolution of wood home building in America today. The precision pre-assembly of our components is more like the crafting of fine furniture than you will find in typical home construction. We also provide a remarkable 20-year warranty on structural integrity.
Number of homes produced to date: 5000-9999
- Douglas fir
- Eastern fir
- Eastern spruce
- Western red cedar
- White cedar
- White pine
Average moisture content of logs upon shipment: 15% or below
Type(s) of wall logs you offer:
- Half log and stud frame walls
- Log siding
Log lengths are: All pre-cut to required lengths
Available styles of wall log profiles:
- Flat - inside
- Flat - outside
- Full round
- Hand hewn
- Hand peeled
- Lap siding
- Round - inside
- Round - outside
- Swedish cope
Widths: 10" & larger
Tongue & Groove Styles: Single
Corner intersection details for available wall log styles:
- Butt & pass (only one log extends past the intersection)
- Corner post butt (neither log extends past the intersection)
- Saddle notch
- Lag screws
Types of building code compliances available: Our building system is currently evaluated by a "research report" issued by one or more of the following code agencies: ICBO, BOCA or SBCCI and is listed in that agency's current bulletin.
Other available services:
- Our logs are graded by an independent inspection agency prior to shipment.
- We offer a construction manual and/or videotape to aid customers with erection of their home.
- We offer a written warranty on all our logs.
- We will provide complete home construction service for our customers.
- We will provide shell erection service for our customers.