|“The Trailside ” | PrecisionCraft Log & Timber Homes|
| The Highlights:
- Sometimes an expansive floor plan can make a home feel more like a museum, but that’s not the case here. Atmosphere-inducing design details (think multiple fireplaces, exposed overhead trusses and smaller conversational areas, such as the TV room and covered porches) create a cozy feel, even with a large footprint.- Although the multiple living spaces were designed for a specific purpose, the rooms were laid out in a way that creates an overall plan that flows seamlessly, making the home easy to navigate.
- Before you even enter the main living areas of the home, you’re welcomed by well-placed mudroom and laundry rooms, which provide a place to store outdoor gear and drop your things without cluttering the house. The spacious garage also has a bump-out space designed to accommodate a golf cart and a separate room for hiding garbage cans and recycling bins.
- While you have the option to build with any materials, this home is designed to showcase a mix of materials, such as square logs, timber-frame trusses, a cedar-shake roof and stone accents. By combining different elements, this low-lying design easily fits in with its natural surroundings.
Square Footage: 2,164
|The Log Home Plan:|
|Main and Loft Levels:
|Return to the 2009 Country’s Best Log Homes Awards main page|
- Best Log Home Plan Under 2,500 Square Feet: The Crested Butte –Heritage Log & Timber Frame
- Runner-Up: Best Single-Level Log Home Plan | PrecisionCraft Log & Timber Homes
- Runner-Up: Best Log Home Plan Over 2,500 Square Feet | Suwannee River Log Homes
- Best Log Home Plan Over 2,500 Square Feet: The Cortes | Streamline Design Ltd.
- Best Log Home Plan Under 2,500 Square Feet: The Bond | Real Log Homes