Log Home News: Special Announcement 08/22/2007
Job Opening – National Sales Director, Log Division
Company Overview: Our client is a building material supplier, specifically to the log and home improvement industries. They were founded in 1936 with a focus on four core values: truth, trust, care and forgiveness. Innovation is at the heart of this building material company that has reinvented itself several times to meet the changing demands of their customers. Recent years have brought new products, innovative merchandising systems, national and international sales, exceptional growth and a new headquarters and plant facility just North of .
Position Summary: Our client is looking for a dynamic and relationship oriented National Sales Director for their Log Group. This key position reports directly to the President and owner of the company. The National Sales Director manages the sales activities of this $15M Group by performing the following duties personally and through a team of sales individuals and independent representatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Aggressively develop and pursue a sales plan that offers 20% sustained growth
- Create and achieve an aggressive but realistic sales dollar volume projection and expense budget for the Log Group.
- Responsibly manage cost
- Make joint sales calls to aid in acquiring new customers
- Support sales team in achieving performance expectations
- Develop key prospect lists with sales team, maintaining several prospects in the pipeline
- Must be familiar with a sales methodology
- Travel estimated at 50%
- Complete at least 40 hours of personal job related training per year
- Supervise team’s training to support requirements
- Establish a system to hold sales team accountable for driving new business development
- Must have the capability of opening up new sales markets/channels for the company
- Conduct monthly coaching/mentoring meetings
- Conduct team meetings on a regular basis with direct sales staff and independent representatives
- Ensure the company has a compensation plan that is in alignment with company strategies and values and drives sales growth.
- Manage multiple employees throughout the country
- Evaluate current sales team’s ability to meet/exceed company expectations
- Must lead with value oriented sales strategies versus pricing based sales strategies
- Establish sales territories, quotas and goals
- Contribute as part of the leadership team to govern company goals
- Provide accurate sales and expense projections
- ’Own’ key company initiatives by implementing initiatives company-wide to attain agreed upon goals
- Develop and implement strategic sales plan to achieve or exceed company growth plans
- Review market analysis to support marketing and determine customer needs, pricing and rates
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote the company and its market position
- Serve as liaison between sales and other functional in the company
- Company is extremely team oriented and must motivate their team in positive culture
- Must have excellent written and oral skills
- Must possess superb people and presentation skills
- Must understand sales processes and be able to demonstrate by example
- Must demonstrate strong leadership and teambuilding skills
- Must be self motivated and independently driven
- Must have the ability to travel to client sites and trade shows
- Must have a valid personal driver’s license and conform to the company automobile safety policy.
- Must have experience in a construction type industry. Experience in the construction field, building supplies or materials very strongly preferred.
- Candidates with experience in the Log manufacturing or building industry will be our priority
- A college degree is also strongly preferred
- Base compensation of up to $110,000 annually with the opportunity to earn additional quarterly bonuses based on team and company objectives. First year total compensation estimated at $130,000. Interested individuals are encouraged to contact Kristin Grampp at 303.816.9129 or