6301 Crater Lake Highway
Medford, OR 97502
Phone: (877) TRY-LOGS / (877) 879-5647
Fax: (541) 826-1797
“Best in the West” Homestead began manufacturing and building log homes in Oregon in 1978 and has been an industry leader in hand-crafted construction, since. If you want big logs from the Pacific Northwest, at the best price and the highest quality craftsmanship, look no further.
Number of homes produced to date: 500-999
Number of builders dealers and representatives: 10-24
- Lodgepole Pine
- Douglas Fir
Average moisture content of logs upon shipment: 15% or below
Type(s) of wall logs you offer: Full or solid wall logs
Corner notches are: Totally pre-cut
Log lengths are: All pre-cut to required lengths
Solid log gable ends are: Pre-cut to required roofline slope
Available styles of wall log profiles:
- Flat - inside
- Full round
- Hand peeled
- Round - inside
- Round - outside
- Swedish cope
Widths: 10" & larger
Corner intersection details for available wall log styles: Saddle notch
Types of fastening devices:
- Timber screws
- Foam gasket
Other available services:
- Our logs are graded by an independent inspection agency prior to shipment.
- We offer a construction manual and/or videotape to aid customers with erection of their home.
- We offer a specific number of hours of on-site technical assistance as a standard part of our contract.
- We offer a written warranty on all our logs.
- We offer custom design service.
- We will provide complete home construction service for our customers.
- We will provide shell erection service for our customers.