Sidney, ME 04330
Phone: (800) 622-4608
Fax: (207) 666-8499
With 25 years in custom home design and construction, Hilltop Log and Timber Homes creates each home to suit the exact specifications of each clients dream. The company offers homes in log, post-and-beam or stick-built construction and also creates commercial properties and home developments.
Hilltop Log and Timber Homes offers the finest quality materials and exclusive, energy efficient products and construction techniques. For example, your dream home may be created in western red cedar, kiln-dried pine or super insulated energy efficient panels. There are more than 41 log and siding profiles and four standard corner styles to choose from. Hilltop also creates custom profiles and corners.
Interiors are also fully customized in all wood, all drywall, a combination or other material desired. Exteriors also may be created in log, log siding, clapboard, shakes or other material desired.
The company’s pre-cut material packages are complete from framing and insulation to nails and stain. When it is time to put the package together, Hilltop’s exclusive Triple Seal Construction System provides unbeatable protection from wind and rain while maintaining excellent energy efficiency.
When surveyed, clients chose Hilltop Log and Timber Homes for its outstanding quality, service and value. Hilltop’s long standing partnership with its suppliers assures consistent high quality. The company offers, builder training, turnkey services, technical support and design services. Hilltop’s three-model home complex and manufacturing facility is located in Bowdoinham, Maine. Complementary overnight stays in one of the beautifully decorated model homes are available for distant guests.
Number of builders dealers and representatives: 10-24
- Douglas fir
- Western red cedar
- White pine
Average moisture content of logs upon shipment: 16 to 19%
Type(s) of wall logs you offer:
- Full or solid wall logs
- Half log and stud frame walls
- Log siding
Log lengths are: All pre-cut to required lengths
Solid log gable ends are: Pre-cut to required roofline slope
Available styles of wall log profiles:
- Flat - inside
- Flat - outside
- Full round
- Hand hewn
- Lap siding
- Round - inside
- Round - outside
- Swedish cope
Widths: 10" & larger
Corner intersection details for available wall log styles:
- Butt & pass (only one log extends past the intersection)
- Corner post butt (neither log extends past the intersection)
- Interlock-overlap (both logs extend past the intersection)
- Notch & pass
- Saddle notch
Types of sealing systems & materials available:
- Foam gasket
Other available services:
- Our logs are graded by an independent inspection agency prior to shipment.
- We offer a construction manual and/or videotape to aid customers with erection of their home.
- We offer a specific number of hours of on-site technical assistance as a standard part of our contract.
- We offer a written warranty on all our logs.
- We offer custom design service.
- We will provide complete home construction service for our customers.
- We will provide shell erection service for our customers.