Factory Building Benefits
While manufacturersâ systems differ, building in a factory environment does mean they share some common characteristics:
- Building materials are typically stored under a roof, away from the debilitating effects of weather. As a result, thereâs minimal warping of lumber.
- Factory building means a reduced threat of job-site theft and damageâproblems that have plagued site building in recent years and can add as much as 10% to the cost of a site-built home.
- Factory-produced components are constructed precisely using state-of-the-art equipment and tools, so the resulting structures are plumb and able to meet or exceed local wind and snow loads.
- Factories offer craftsmen steady employment and benefits, resulting in a consistent labor force that adds to the quality of construction.
- While the home is being built in the factory, systems builders can focus on site preparation. The builder is typically responsible for foundation and utility work, as well as for fortifying the driveway to accommodate delivery trucks and cranes.
Some builders use one building system exclusively, while others have found success by establishing a relationship with a manufacturer of each system so they can serve the needs of any buyer that walks in their office.